Friday, January 9, 2015

New Years Resolutions

   I was going to write a post on New Year's Day, and I was going to write out a list of my personal resolutions, but time slips away when you become a mother. As the beginning of the New Year has come and gone, I saw quite a few posts and pictures on social media making fun of resolutions. To be honest, a year ago, I would have agreed with these posts. 

   These posts stated how this was the year to actually go through with the resolutions made in 2012. Some talked about how it was another year to stay the same, and how resolutions don't mean anything. 
   

   
   Last year, I was happy in life. I didn't really have any worries, I was paying bills and working. I lived day to day, and was saving up to move out and live with a good friend of mine. I was constantly making friends and going to different parties. I thought I was living the life. I don't remember if I made any resolutions last year, if I did, they were probably along the lines of toning my body, eating healthier, cliche selfish resolutions. 

Last selfie of 2013, and last selfie of 2014.

   This year, I am writing down my resolutions. This year, I will follow through with my resolutions. This year, I will make resolutions I can keep and follow through on. I know that it has been over a week since New Years, but it is not too late to make resolutions. I highly encourage you to make at least one or two achievable resolutions for 2015.

   Here are mine.

1. I will become healthier and get to where I feel good about myself.
   My goal right now is to lose about ten or fifteen pounds. Not necessarily because I need to, but because it will make me feel better about myself, and I know losing that little bit of weight is achievable. 

2. I will not drink soda.
   Before having Ryder, I rarely drank soda. I might would treat myself once a month, but I'd choose tea or water over soda. When I got pregnant, I drank soda all the time. With the new year, I'd like to break that habit again. I know that this will help me with my first goal as well.

3. I will drink more water.
   Have you ever heard of the gallon challenge? It is where you drink a gallon of water every day. It is harder than it sounds. I started trying to drink that much water a week ago, and I've had to work myself up to drinking that much water! I'm almost to the whole gallon on one day. Let me tell you, I feel amazing too. I'm not feeling as tired and lethargic as usual. I feel like my skin is more clear and healthy, and my milk supply is better than it has ever been since Ryder has been born.(:

4. I will be the best mother I can be.
   I did not write the "perfect mother" or the "mother who has her life together all the time." Growing up, my parents always encouraged me to do my best. Sometimes your best is not perfect, but as long as it's your best, it is good enough. I need to love Ryder more than anything, treat him with respect, and teach him by example. As long as I put Ryder's needs and wants above my own, I know that I will be a good mother.



5.  I want to live in the moment more.
   I want to hold my son tighter. I want to not complain when he cries for me to hold him. I want to cherish the time I spend with my family. I want to remember to pause and take in everything. Time changes things. People leave, grow up, get busy, and I want moments to remember when these inevitable changes happen.

   As this year goes by, if you follow me on a social media site, or you have my number, shoot me a message or a text and ask me how my resolutions are doing. Whether you know me personally or not. I hope this inspires you to make one or two goals of your own this year.(:

Happy 2015!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment