Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Balancing Babies

   Trust is a big word. Not literally, but trust has a lot of meaning. It is a big deal to trust someone, or for someone to trust you. If someone loses your trust, it's hard for them to get it back. You have to earn people's trust. Some people need a lot of proof to trust you, and some people just don't trust anybody.

   I find it amazing how easily babies trust though. My baby trusts me to take care of him. He loves me and knows I'll feed him when he is hungry. He knows I'll clean him when he is dirty, and rock him to sleep at night. He trusts my parents and my siblings as well with those things. When he was born into this family, he was born with that innocent trust.

   I find it most amazing when he trusts my dad (his pop). If you follow me on Instagram or Facebook, you've seen a few pictures of my dad holding Ryder by his feet. Ryder straightens his legs out and he is standing/balancing on my dad's hands. That takes a lot of trust from me as well as Ryder's momma. At first it made me very nervous, but my dad has been balancing babies for years now. He knows exactly what he is doing and he won't let my baby fall. 



   I trust my dad not to drop my baby. Ryder trusts his pop not to drop him. Ryder doesn't stop and think about whether or not he should trust Pop, he just does. 

   Just as Ryder trusts my dad like that, I've had to trust God like that. Sometimes life can get a little overwhelming. So much can be going on that we can forget God is there. God is holding us up, and we just need to remember He is our loving father, and He won't let us fall. When Ryder does lose his balance, my dad catches him. If we start to lose our balance, God is gonna catch us. 

   Especially with Ryder not having an earthly father present in his life right now, I'm so thankful for knowing he does have a Heavenly Father who will always watch over him. He also has his pop who will be there for him whenever he needs him. Ryder can trust both of them to take care of him, and I'm so thankful for that fact. 



   I'm so thankful I have this beautiful baby boy. I'm thankful I have an amazing family. I'm thankful that Ryder is going to feel safe growing up because he is surrounded by a caring and loving family. I have really been blessed, and I hope that I will stay humble and regularly remember this. Ryder has been very blessed, and I hope he realizes this as he grows up. 



   If you follow me on social media, I'm gonna hashtag future photos of Ryder balancing as #RyderStandsTall. So just punch that in to see all of his balancing pics!(:

   xx

No comments:

Post a Comment