Wednesday, July 23, 2014

26 weeks

   I've had some kind of week this week. I went on a mini road trip, which kinda tired me out. I had a few symptoms hit me this week as well, which have not been fun to deal with. I honestly haven't had much to complain about this whole pregnancy, except for some back pains and lack of sleep. Hopefully this week was just an off week and the last three months of pregnancy will be as smooth as the first six months!

   I have now been pregnant for 26 weeks (almost seven whole months, time flies when you're pregnant!). Baby is almost 15 inches long, and can weigh up to 2 1/2 pounds already. Ryder is starting to plump up! I get to see him tomorrow and I'll be able to know exactly how big he is. He should be about the size of a head of lettuce according to my favorite pregnancy app though.(:


   I traveled to Alabama this past week to see the University of Alabama (Roll Tide!) It was a nice trip, but I don't think I can ride in the back of a truck for any lengthy distance again anytime soon. Hopefully my big road trip that is coming up won't tire me out like this mini one did. 

How far along: 26 weeks


Gender: Boy(:

Weight gain: 9+ lbs.

Maternity clothes: Half of my clothes are regular, and the other half are maternity

Stretch marks: Still no stretch marks

Belly button in or out: In, but I feel like it is slightly shallower than usual

Sleep: I can't seem to get enough sleep at all lately, maybe I'll get a good night's sleep soon.

Best moment this week: Going to Alabama and just feeling my baby move. 

Miss anything: I miss when my legs and feet didn't hurt. I also miss being able to have a full day, because I've gotten to where I tire rather easy now.

Movement:
I love just sitting here feeling him move. He likes to kick my ribs a lot, which it's a bit weird feeling him kick so high up. My brother felt him kick this week and said it felt like a fish.

Cravings:
I've really enjoyed popcorn this week, and I had sushi for dinner (the crunchy shrimp roll to be exact) which hit the spot. I have also loved miso soup this whole pregnancy.

Looking forward to: My ultrasound tomorrow, getting my crochet bow ties in the mail, and visiting Texas soon. I should be having a baby shower pretty in the next few weeks as well, which is exciting.(:




   Hopefully next week will be wonderful, and not as hard on me as this week. It would be nice if my symptoms would settle down as well. My legs and feet have been killing me lately, which is more than likely caused by sciatic pain (this means the baby is sitting on nerves or something like that). I've also been super sensitive this week due to hormones. I couldn't find a pair of matching socks for work and started crying (and I am not a crier). I felt so silly because my socks never match, and it wasn't a big deal. I can't wait to see what makes me tear up next (not really, ha).

   Besides dealing with new found symptoms, I made a few lists the other day. Just different things that need to be done before Ryder gets here, and there is a surprising amount of things I need to get done. I probably should have not made a list while my sensitivity is at its peak, because the list overwhelmed me just a bit. I just got to take things day by day and not be anxious!

   Prayers are loved and appreciated. Specifically pray I have peace of mind and a good attitude this week. Pray that my symptoms will subside a bit and that I will just be happy and remember all this will be so worth it once my baby boy is here.(: Also pray that everything is perfect with my baby boy when I go get an ultrasound tomorrow!

xx



 

No comments:

Post a Comment