Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Week 27(:

   I wrote a rather long blog (at least I thought it was long) last week, and I'm warning you now.. This one might be a bit lengthy too! I complained a bit last week, but I feel like I have no complaints this week. Some of y'all must have prayed for me!(: 
   
   I am 27 weeks and can now say I'm in the third trimester! Some people wait till week 28, and some say it starts around week 26. I'm gonna stick with the middle number and say I've finally made it! I can now sit in my dad's lazy boy without him saying anything! He would always ask me if it was third trimester yet when I'd be sitting in it, and sadly I'd say no and get up. Now when I get home, I at least get the comfiest chair in the house!;) 

   With three more months (hopefully) of growing left, Ryder looks like he will when he will be born almost. He is just wrinkly and still needs to fatten up a bit. He can control his lungs and regulate his own temperature as of this week. He is about the size/weight of a head of cauliflower or a bunch of bananas.

   The glucose test was not that bad (which I was worried it might be). I'm pretty healthy, so I'm sure I'll pass it (watch me have to take the three hour test now just because I said that..). It tasted like orange soda, it looked like orange soda, I'm pretty sure it was orange soda and they switched stickers.



   I got to see my baby this week, and the ultrasound was awesome. I promise that in the actual ultrasound and on the screen, you could see his face and his features. I may be biased, but I already think he is so adorable.(: 




   I am in Texas this week and I adore it here. The air is so dry, which is very nice compared to the usual Florida humidity. Even when it is raining, there is dry air (but maybe that is just me)! The traveling wasn't bad either. I'm sure being in a twelve passenger van with a lot more room helped!





   I am here for my church association this week. Everyone I have interacted with so far has been wonderful and so nice. I've even had a few people come up and tell me they read my blog (which was one of the coolest things). It is nice to know my mom isn't the only one who reads this. I was going to take this week off and not blog, but hearing those few people made me excited to write today (and a bit nervous, so blame them if this blog isn't as good as usual! Ha).



   So now the best part.

How far along: 27 weeks

Gender: Boy!

Weight gain: 9+ lbs. hopefully not too much more, I think I've been pretty healthy since my last doctor appt.

Maternity clothes: I'm finally using the belly band with my jeans, I made it to third trimester, so I'm pretty proud of myself(:

Stretch marks: None

Belly button in or out: Still in, but I promise it is slightly shallow

Sleep: Still not the best, and I'm thankful for every little bit of sleep I get. If it's not one thing, it's another. Ryder has started to kick me to where I can feel it, which is the newest reason of being awake at night.

Best moment this week: Being in Texas and being with my family. I also enjoy seeing old friends and people I have seen and known for years.



Miss anything: This week (well as of right now anyway) I can't think of anything I miss, except a few of my dresses are way too short now because of my belly. There were two dresses I bought and wanted to wear so badly, but couldn't because of this baby.. But other than that, nothing that I miss!

Movement:
Three siblings down, two to go! Another sister of mine finally felt him. He is favoring my ribs a lot, but hopefully he will move enough for some friends to feel him before I go home. I secretly love them touching my belly too.. (I know, I'm weird, ha, I'm sure I wouldn't like it if it were strangers!)

Cravings:
I don't really have any cravings this week. I've definitely had anti-cravings though. Too many to name, we have just gone to eat and I will decide that I'm just not feeling any of the food that they serve.. 

Looking forward to: Baby showers should be soon! I hope my mom and sister will at least start planning one. I feel like time is flying by and I am going to run out of time! I have another appt soon to find out how my glucose test went and if my baby boy is healthy and all.(: 




   I feel like I could have written a few more paragraphs, but I won't bore y'all anymore! I am so thankful for everyone who reads this. If you do read this, please remember to pray for me and this little boy of mine. Prayers and God's grace/blessings are what have gotten me this far, and they will be what keep me going!

xx

   

No comments:

Post a Comment