Wednesday, August 6, 2014

28 weeks(:

   28 weeks is upon us. Ryder is the around the size of a coconut. He is also able to cough, pretend breath (suck in and out amniotic fluid), and dream. I remember when my little sister was a newborn and would smile in her sleep, and she must have been dreaming. I can't wait to see Ryder smile in his sleep once he is born.(:

   I feel like this week flew by. My family and I finished our church conference (which was amazing), and we went to Hurricane Harbor for our fun day on Friday. Hurricane Harbor is the six flags water park in Texas. We usually go to an amusement park each year, but my dad was nice and chose a water park since me and mom weren't able to really ride any rides. I can't wait to be able to ride a roller coaster again though! 

   We got home late Saturday night, and it was actually nice to sleep in my own bed after a week of hotel beds. Ryder has been kicking up a storm lately, which means he is growing. Starting this week, I'm supposed to count how many times he kicks in an hour. 

  I got a lot of goodies this week as well. I got a sweatshirt from lovedbyhannahandeli.com (you can follow her on Instagram if you'd like, @lovedbyhannahandeli). The sweatshirt is one of the softest ones I own, and it says "Mama Bear," which I think is perfect for me!(:


   I also received my crochet bow ties in the mail from @dapperbabywear (her name on Instagram). She has a little etsy shop, and I had my package when I got home. She was so sweet and addressed the package to me and Ryder, and she also wrote me a sweet little card!



   I forgot to mention that I got my diaper bag last week. I was able to go to a Vera Bradley store and get it. I got my mom one when my little sister was born, and she has used it so much and loved it. It's not only big and durable, but I think it's so pretty too! My mom got me the matching bottle carrier for it as well!(:



How far along: 28 weeks

Gender: Boy!!

Weight gain: 20 lbs... I went from gaining no weight to this! At the doctor yesterday I was told to watch my weight, yikes! I used to never drink soda, and I'm going to cut it out again because it isn't good for me anyways.

Maternity clothes: I got a maternity dress from target the other day, and I love wearing my kimonos with tank tops too(:

Stretch marks: Nopee

Belly button in or out: I don't have an outie, but I don't really have an innie either.. My belly button is kind of just flat, I think it is really funny looking actually!

Sleep: My belly is in my way just about no matter what, and I wake up two, three, twenty times a night... I'm either uncomfortable, or Ryder decides he wants me to be awake with him, or I just have to use the bathroom. I would love a good night's sleep before my baby arrives.. (Laugh it up everyone who knows how I can usually sleep just about anywhere at anytime..)

Best moment this week: I loved Texas, I know I said I liked it last week, but Texas was just a really great place I thought. I also passed my glucose test, which is good!

Miss anything: Sleep, and medicine. I haven't really needed medicine at all, and I'm not a medicine taker, but I've gotten really congested the past few days, and my head, throat, and ears have been bothering me really badly. Hopefully I will feel better soon, because I don't want to have to take any medicine.

Movement: 
I can now see my bump twitch and move a bit from the outside! My friend who really wanted to feel him in Texas actually ended up feeling him, which made both of us very happy(:

Cravings: 
A few, I am really in the mood for soup, but that's also because I don't feel good I think. I still have had the anti-cravings this week. I've had really bad indigestion/heart burn this week, at least I think that is what it is. My stomach will just hurt sometimes, and I'm not sure if it is a specific food that is causing it or just an overall pregnancy symptom that is just gonna happen whether I like it or not.

Looking forward to: I've really been thinking about my baby this week (which he is on my mind almost all the time, but extra this week!). I can't wait to hold him and see him. I love being pregnant, but the idea of holding my little baby and touching his soft skin makes me anxious to have him here. I really can't wait for October to get here!(:


   Thank you for all the prayers coming my way. Ryder is measuring perfectly according to my latest ultrasound, and im healthy. Pray that this continues to be the case! I also have a lot of things to figure out, and I hope I can get everything in order before my baby gets here! So here is a typical bathroom selfie from Sunday to end you with.(:


xx











No comments:

Post a Comment