Wednesday, September 17, 2014

34 weeks!

   Ryder can dream! I'm not sure what he would dream about, but babies start REM sleeping after 30 weeks or so. He is most likely dreaming about me and probably people I'm around a lot. Ryder recognizes voices and knows the difference between voices as well. He also recognizes songs that I sing or hum a lot. He will probably recognize a few books that I read out loud too (Like Moo, Baa, LaLaLa being that it's Cherith's favorite book, so Ryder will definitely recognize that book!).



   With about 6 weeks to go, Ryder weighs almost 5 pounds and is 16-18 inches in length. He is almost the size he will be when he is born. It is crazy to think that he will be born in such a short period of time! 



   I am so excited to put up a post of maternity pictures sometime this week. I had a friend of mine take my pictures, and she did amazing. I am so pleased with the end results. I will be getting a disk of my pictures, so I will put them all up later. My sister, Rebecca, came with me to help out, and we took pictures on a dock and in actual water.




How far along: 34 weeks

Gender: Little boy(:

Weight gain: 18 lbs. 

Maternity clothes: I wish I had a nice pair of maternity jeans, but at this point, I'd only be in them for 6 more weeks..

Stretch marks: None

Belly button in or out: Still flat, maybe it won't ever pop out.

Sleep: I have no real complaints about sleep this week, except if people keep calling the house phone in the morning time, I am going to take the phone off the hook before I go to bed at night. I have an old fifties phone in my room, and it rings very loudly (I'm gonna have to somehow turn off the ringer before Ryder is born for sure!!). 

Best moment this week: Taking maternity pictures and getting mail. I absolutely adore snail mail. Getting packages in the mail is one of those simple things in life that means so much.(: 



   I won these two beanies for Ryder, they are seriously the cutest! I adore the colors, and they are so soft too! Look up @twolittlekings on Instagram if you want to get adorable beanies for your baby.(:

   I won these two headbands from @violetboutique on Instagram. These are so cute. I got one for Cherith (my baby sister) and my other sister/mom/me. We will be able to match on gameday (Roll Tide!!!).

   I won these two bracelets from @mikayloveinc. I cannot wait to wear them, and this lighting does not do them justice. The colors are storm and oxblood. The lady who makes them is so nice too; I love it when shop owners are personable and sweet.



   This is my new favorite bracelet! I bought it and a matching one that says "Mimi" for my mom. I wanna buy one that says Ryder or has his initials eventually. This bracelet was made by @brinandbell.(:

Miss anything: I don't miss too much this much. Ryder is starting to press on my bladder more and more, thus more bathroom trips than usual. It's like first trimester all over again, except my stomach is slightly bigger..(:

Movement:
Still a lot of movement, the other day it looked like he was pressing against the middle of my stomach, my belly looked pointed where he was pushing. He has been kicking my ribs quite a bit this past week as well.

Cravings:
This week I've craved toaster streudals (which I've eaten too many of them this week!), Mediterranean food, and Waffle House.. 

Looking forward to: My baby shower, I'm so excited for it. I'm also just ready for it to pass, because it's my next goal moment I guess. I know that after my baby shower, Ryder will be here very soon. My room is almost all put together too. I just need curtains and a rocking chair, and the rest of what I need for my room are just small knick knacks. I also need to put some things up on the wall so that the walls don't look so drear. I'll put the crib together after the baby shower. 



   I feel like I've written a lot this post, hopefully y'all don't mind! I'm sure I'll have plenty to write about as the day of Ryder's arrival nears. I know I've left out some things, but I'm sure I'll cover them in the next post or so!(:

xx



   

No comments:

Post a Comment