Saturday, December 20, 2014

Eight Weeks and Responsibility

   Eight weeks feels like forever and yet it feels like no time at all. It seems like I just brought my baby home from the hospital yesterday. I cannot believe Ryder is eight weeks old. My little lanky baby is growing everyday. 



   When I say eight weeks seems like forever, I mean that I can't imagine my life without Ryder. I was happy before this little baby came into my life, but I don't understand how. I don't understand what I was doing before having this little baby. This baby that God gave me is my everything and makes me want to wake up every morning.



   He is smiling now, all the time. He reminds me of Toothless the dragon from How to Train your Dragon. He is lifting his head like a champ. He doesn't need help anymore unless he is tired, then his head starts flip flopping a bit. He grabs things now, such as my clothes and hair (ouch!). He is so aware, and he just takes everything in.



   He looks at me like I'm his world. I will be doing something, and I'll glance over, and he will just be looking at me. He will be studying me, and it just make me feel so proud and happy. It also reminds me of the responsibility I now have as a parent. Proverbs 22:6 states, "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." 


   I have such a serious little boy!



   I am this little boy's mother. He will watch me as he grows up. He will be a mini me, and a mini of whomever he grows up around. He will see how I act and handle situations, and he will more than likely act and handle situations similarly as he grows and matures. 

   I pray I will always remember that, and that I will be a good role model for Ryder. I pray Ryder continues to be healthy. I'm so thankful for my baby boy.<3

xx



PS I'm sorry for my almost two week blog hiatus. It is a busy time with Christmas approaching. ONLY FIVE MORE DAYS !!! 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment