Wednesday, October 8, 2014

37 weeks !

   Baby is full term. He could be born any day now, and wouldn't that sure be lovely. I've adored being pregnant, but I've gotten to that point of feeling like a whale. One minute I'll be like, I love being pregnant, but I'm ready for him to be out, but it's great being pregnant, but it's time for him to get outtt. So it is quite fun.
   
   It really is just a waiting game at this point. I had my 37 week appointment Monday, and I am 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced. Effaced means that things down there have thinned out. And look at this chart ! (which I found very interesting).


   So now, when I go into labor, if I decide to keep people informed (who knows how I'll act, I may wanna just keep everyone informed and be very loving, but then again, I might become a hermit who bites peoples heads off.... Well, we shall see!) So, if I decide to keep people informed, you'll be able to come back to my blog and check out this chart! You're welcome.(:

   Ryder is supposed to be about the size of a winter watermelon or a honeydew melon (and I believe it!). He is just packing on pounds right now. At this point, the books say he gains about half a pound a week. 


   You can see what a difference ten weeks makes! These pictures were taken at 17 weeks, 27 weeks, and 37 weeks. Excuse how I look at 37 weeks, my whole family has been battling a stomach bug. Now let me tell you! I have avoided throwing up so far, but I've definitely felt icky. Being nine months pregnant and slightly sick is not fun. 

How far along: 37 weeks

Gender: A boyy

Weight gain: 24 lbs.

Maternity clothes: I am ready to get rid of my maternity clothes... Well, not all of them, but I want to fit into some of my normal clothes again.

Stretch marks: No stretch marks or veins or anything of the sort

Belly button in or out: flat, flat, flat

Sleep: I just want to rest all the time, I've started taking naps, I'm not sure if it is because I haven't been feeling good or if it's because I'm nine months pregnant.. I'm sure it is a combination of the two

Best moment this week: Finishing my room, all I need to do is put up some more wall decorations, this corner is where my rocking chair is! 
   I personally think the "drink pure fresh milk" sign is hilarious, since I'm breastfeeding and all.(:

   
   Cherith enjoys the rocking chair, it is super comfy. My dad and brother got it and put it together for me for my shower gift, it is seriously the perfect rocking chair!

Miss anything: This week, I miss my normal clothes fitting, I miss being able to get comfortable, and I miss being able to sleep on my stomach so badly, but I know that I won't have to miss these things for long.. And when I think about that, I think of how I don't really miss all that stuff and how I love being pregnant... But I miss those things.. (There I go again, back and forth!)

Movement: Ryder loves to move, he gets hiccups literally three or four times a day, it's ridiculous. I wonder if he will hiccup as much when he is born.

Cravings: 
I've been craving gingerbread and ginger snaps. Just out of nowhere this week, I was wishing I could have some gingerbread cookies!

Looking forward to: Ryder being born. He will be here within the next month. I'm expecting him to be a few days late, but I'm hoping he will be a few days early. With my dr appointments so close together (they are only a week apart at this point), at least I'll know if things are progressing or not. My dr said he will probably come right on the due date, because that is how my mom was, but we shall see! 


   Sorry for writing a day late again, at least I'm keeping up and not skipping weeks! I really hope I can keep up a blog after Ryder is born. Pray that everything will keep going smoothly and that everyone in my family will be healthy and feel well soon, especially me!! 

xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment