Tuesday, October 14, 2014

38 Weeks, My Little Pumpkin!

   38 weeks down! I am so ready for Ryder to be here! I am expecting him to come a few days late, but I want him to come early so badly. 

   Ryder is the size of a pumpkin this week. How fitting since it is October and Halloween is coming up and all. He should be around 7 lbs. according to the books. At this point, not much more is gonna change till he is born. 



   This past week was kind of rough. I had an overnight stay in the hospital Thursday night. I had mentioned in my last blog about how my family was sick, and I figured I wasn't feeling well because of that. I was wrong. I went to the hospital after work and ended up having an extreme bladder infection, being extremely dehydrated, and having ideal circumstances for kidney stones. 



   I ended up having three bags of fluids, antibiotics, and some pain meds. Ryder is perfectly fine, he was monitored two different times, and the nurses told me he was perfect the entire time. While I was at the hospital, they checked me and I was still 1 cm dialated, but 80% effaced. I was checked Monday at my 38 week checkup, and it was the exact same. 



How far along: 38 weeks

Gender: Oh Boy !

Weight gain: 26 lbs. I've gotten to where I am steadily gaining 2 pounds every weeks.

Maternity clothes: I can't wait to fit into jeans again, and leggings, some leggings are too tight around my stomach and waist now

Stretch marks: Still none

Belly button in or out: still flat

Sleep: I'm trying to sleep as much as I can, I've gotten to where I wake up three or four times a night again

Best moment this week: Nothing in particularly great happened this week. I'm still feeling kinda blah, which I will prolly feel that way till Ryder is born honestly. 

Miss anything: I miss feeling normal, as in healthy. I feel bad and just not good (I know that didn't sound very intelligent, but yeah). I'm not a complainer, but there is always something that I could complain about, at least this week. My tummy feels icky sometimes, I feel like I need tums with me all the time. This is gonna be tmi.. But nothing down below feels normal, which is normal because a baby is coming, but still. Hopefully my bladder infection/dehydration problem will be good and over with by the time Ryder decides to make his appearance.

Movement: Still moving quite a bit, hiccups still all the time.

Cravings:
No real cravings this week. I've just enjoyed mushrooms, and I'm eating red beans and rice tonight which sounds perfect right now!

Looking forward to: Labor, I'm sure I'll regret saying that later, but I'm so ready for it right now.



   I was completely good with trying to have a very natural birth. I don't want to use pitocin, I don't want to be induced, and I don't want to get an epidural. After this week though, I just want to go ahead and be induced tomorrow, just so I can have my baby! I've had my mother friends tell me the last month is the longest and hardest, but you really don't understand till you are on your last month. Pray that I will be patient in waiting for this baby, I'm sure I'll be pregnant in a week still. 




xx


No comments:

Post a Comment