Saturday, October 4, 2014

Panties, Pads, and Nursing bras, Oh My!

   So I have about 25 days (give or take) till my sweet baby boy will be born! I have finally (mostly) gotten my hospital bags together! This is what this post is about, hospital bags.

   I am a first time mom, thus I have never packed a hospital bag. I've read what other people have taken, and I've thought about what I would want to be comfortable while I'm in the hospital. 


   The blue bag is Ryder's diaper bag, and the pink one is mine. Isn't super cute how we are kinda matching.(: 

   Ryder's bag does not have as much in it as mine, so I'll start with his.

• two gowns (my mom gave me the advice that it will be easy to just slip the gown up in order to change his diaper and for the doctors to check him and all)
• two swaddling blankets (they match the gowns!)
• two cutesy, actual outfits
• one going home outfit
• eight pairs of socks (because I don't know what will fit him, so I'm taking a variety!)
• mittens 
• a pair of booties to go with his homecoming outfit
• a newborn Alabama hat (because Roll Tide!)

   I'm a very indecisive person, so I won't be surprised if I add another outfit just so I have choices. I need to get another hat or two, I'd love just a plain gray and/or brown one. I also would like to get some more mittens. I love the mittens, because it keeps baby from scratching himself. I don't want my sweet baby boy to scratch himself all up!

   Now onto my bag, which I will be surprised if I don't change anything about it! 

• Notebook and planner (I will also have pens to be able to write in them and for paper work)
• Sakura bloom sling (just because I cannot wait to use it. I may not even get it out of the bag, but I'd rather have it and not use it than not have it and wish I did)
• A pair of slippers and socks
• Big granny panties (I know for a fact that I will much rather wear underwear I bought and cleaned rather than mesh underwear from the hospital)
• One night gown that will be good for breastfeeding
• Two sets of pajamas (one is button down, easy access for breastfeeding)
• A nursing tank from Target
• A few nursing bras
• My going home outfit, which is just a pair of sweatpants and one of my comfy tees
• A robe

   And in a bag within this bag, I have my cosmetics and beauty supplies.• My bag
• Hair bands and ties
• My hairbrushes 
• Toothbrush and toothpaste
• Hairspray (it's miniature)
• Deoderent 
• Makeup fanny pack
• Eyeliner and Mascara
• Tums
• Wallet
• Big pads



   I enjoy doing my makeup and I feel much more myself when I have a little bit of eyeliner and mascara on, so I would not leave the house with my makeup fanny pack. I'm sure there are few other things I could leave out, but I am definitely one of those people who would rather be over-prepared than under-prepared!

   I'm going to probably get a miniature set of shampoo and conditioner so I can wash my hair and feel clean. Hopefully my dad will let me borrow his speaker as well. I'm a huge music person, so I will definitely have music playing some of the time. I will obviously have my phone charger with me. I'm sure someone in my family will have a video and regular camera with chargers as well.

   If you have any suggestions (especially if you've done this before !!) let me know. I'm sure I will add some things before Ryder comes. I like to think I am pretty prepared though. Now to play the waiting game.

   I have a doctor appointment Monday, so hopefully there will be some progress and Ryder will be itching to come out!(: 

No comments:

Post a Comment