Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Pregnancy Must-Haves (for me anyway!)

   When I first found out I was pregnant, I looked at a million "pregnancy must-have" blogs, lists, etc.. 
   I would choose my favorites from each list. So I thought I'd put my own must-have list out there. If you are pregnant, I encourage you to look at a lot of different lists and blogs. First off, they are fun to look at, and secondly, they really are so helpful and informative!



1. Water!!!! I have a Starbucks I've cup, it holds 24 oz. especially when I was at work, I'd drink at least three or four cups a day. I also have two or three Victoria's Secret water bottles, and I loved the smart water bottles. 
   It is so so important to stay hydrated. I went a week or two not drinking as much as usual and had to go into the hospital. I also had a bladder infection because I wasn't flushing my system out. When you aren't pregnant, you need about eight cups of water. When you are pregnant, you need a million cups of water... Just kidding, but you do need about twelve cups, you are carrying a second human who needs water as much as you do!

2. Tums. Can I just say that I've never needed tums in my life. I think I would have had an awful pregnancy if I hadn't had tums. Between my dad and I, (he wasn't pregnant, but he has heartburn and stuff) we went through more than a few bottles. And not the normal size bottles, the extra big value bottles! Also looking back, I wonder if maybe I could consider tums a craving. You hear of women craving chalk and stuff, well tums are essentially chalk in a way.. So yeah, thoughts.

3. Pre-natal vitamins. I bought these the day I thought I might be pregnant. I just used the Target brand. They never made me sick or anything. I was awful about remembering to take them. I'd take them every day for a month, and then the next month, I'd always forget. No, I'm not a bad mother, and if you forget to take prenatals, you aren't a bad mother either. Especially if you are healthy and take care of yourself. That being said, I found it easier to remember to take my vitamins if I used my little pill bottle thing. It has a compartment for every day of the week, I have a really cute purple one.(:

4. Root beer. I really didn't drink soda before I got pregnant. I went a good three years where I would drink soda maybe once or twice a month. I enjoy tea and water and coffee, but I craved root beer when I got pregnant. I love Abita root beer, I promise it is some of the best tasting root beer. It is going to be hard to stop drinking soda again when Ryder gets here!

5. Sweatpants. I adored my Victoria's Secret sweatpants. They were never too tight, I wear them still. I have a pair in my hospital bag to come home in, and I will probably wear a pair when I go in to have my baby. 

6. Snoogle! Dude, these things are awesome. It honestly didn't help me when I was newly pregnant, I had trouble sleeping no matter what, but when I finally started getting bigger, I enjoyed it very much so. Until it got comfortable to use, my siblings used it a lot (even my brother). It is a little expensive, but it is a big pillow that will be used a lot. You could probably get away with a $15 body pillow from Target though. 

7. My tote. I have this particular tote that is pictured, just with black lettering. I also have two other totes. I crocheted a lot while being pregnant, so one tote would almost always have yarn in it. Sometimes I didn't wanna take my whole purse, so I'd throw my keys and wallet in a tote, and it is just really handy to have. I have my tote holding my toiletries in my hospital bag at the moment.

   Some things I don't have pictured, buy a pair of maternity jeans. Spend $50 and get a pair of really nice maternity jeans. That is one thing I didn't do that I wish I would have. My regular jeans fit me till I was six months pregnant, and then I thought it would be silly to buy jeans with only three months left, but I would have gotten so much use out of them. I've wished for jeans many times, so next pregnancy, I will be buying jeans. 

   I don't have dresses pictured, but I had about three dresses that I adored, especially in the in between stage where I was kinda rockin a bump, but not really. Maxi dresses are awesome because you can put a belt on and your little bump looks adorable. Maxi dresses are comfortable, and they don't have to be maternity either! 

   That is my list that I can think of. I also never used panty liners before becoming pregnant, but I've used them a lot the past two months. Mostly girls are reading my blog, so I don't think that is TMI... The guys that do read this (there are two or three, but I'll keep their name private for their sakes) won't say anything.(: 

   I can't believe that I won't be pregnant for much longer. I'll have my baby in less than a week! I will definitely miss being pregnant though. Hopefully this list will help someone out (seriously, get tums).

xx



No comments:

Post a Comment