Thursday, November 20, 2014

Feature Friday! Shop Small(:

   Alright, I'm gonna make a gift guide of some things Ryder and I would like later on, but today I wanna feature a really sweet girl who has a small shop. I'm attempting to shop small this Christmas, and it is so nice knowing that you can help a specific person and family instead of just handing your money over  to some big corporation..
  
   My first feature is Chelsea Lernihan, you can find pictures of some of her products on her shop's instagram (@Lern2Live). You can actually go to her shop if you click here.(: My favorite thing in her shop are the coasters, which is a gift that can really always be used. (And if you get them customized, then they have that sentimental touch added to them!) She also was awesome enough to include a 30% off discount code to be used! When you check out, use the code "greatandsimple30"!!




Tell us a bit about yourself! I am a mom of one little 8 month old boy named Owen. I worked in the Online Marketing industry before having him and now I stay at home and spend my time feeding, changing and teaching this little boy. Aside from being a mom I love doing crafts and working out and making people smile!

Tell us a bit about your shop! My shop is all handmade items intended to put a smile on the faces of those who receive them. I enjoy making coasters with pictures or places that make people smile because I love having them around my house, the make every home unique and personalized. I also make picture frames, stationery, prints, and invitations. All

Where did you get the idea for your products and shop name?Lern2Live is a play on my last name Lernihan and Learning to Live Life with God being number one. Every time I look at my shop name I hope it is a reminder to let everything else in life fall into the number 2 spot with God being in charge. I love making things people can put in their homes that put a smile on their face which as lead me to make personalized coasters, signs for baby rooms, holiday products, and picture frames.

What inspires you? People. I think the most important thing is lifting one another up. I love living by the motto of "Be somebody who makes everybody feel like somebody."

What is one of your favorite holiday recipes? Carrot Cake! I will send you the recipe separately, it's delicious.







   Thank you Chelsea for reaching out to me, and for reading my blog! And I can't wait to try this carrot cake recipe!(:

xx

P.S. Here is that carrot cake recipe;)

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour 
2 teaspoons baking soda 

1/2 teaspoon salt 
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon 
large eggs 
2 cups sugar 
3/4 cup vegetable oil 
3/4 cup buttermilk 
2 teaspoons vanilla extract 
2 cups grated carrot 
(8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained 
(3 1/2-ounce) can flaked coconut 
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts 

Prep:



Line 3 (9-inch) round cake pans with wax paper; lightly grease and flour wax paper. Set pans aside.
Stir together first 4 ingredients.
Beat eggs and next 4 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add flour mixture, beating at low speed until blended. Fold in carrot and next 3 ingredients. Pour batter into prepared cake pans.
Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Drizzle Buttermilk Glaze evenly over layers; cool in pans on wire racks 15 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks. Spread Cream Cheese Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake. I cut unto 3 sections and spread cream cheese frosting in between the two layers and on top.



No comments:

Post a Comment