Thursday, November 27, 2014

One Month Must Haves

   These are my one month must haves. I have been doing this whole mother thing for about a month now, and these are things I have personally used almost daily with my new baby. I know a few people having babies soon, so hopefully this will help you out a bit. I will also have to remember to look at this post when I have another baby way down the road!


1. Diapers
   I know this is kind of a "duh" thing to have on any baby list, but Ryder specifically uses pampers. So if anyone wants to get Ryder diapers.. ;) He can use Huggies as well, but we tried an off brand diaper and it caused a rash.:( 

2.Wipes
   Another "duh" item, but wipes are important. Ryder uses Pampers sensitive wipes. Huggies wipes are not good wipes to use, at least I don't think so. They are rough. I use baby wipes to take off my makeup, and if I wouldn't use the wipe on my face, why would I use it on my baby's bottom??

3.Mittens
   I used mittens every day the first two weeks. Ryder always had mittens on because I did not want him to scratch his face. I just stopped putting mittens on him all the time (and of course he scratched his face).

4. Pacifiers
   I am all for pacifiers. Like really, these things are great. Ryder likes the MAM pacis. He started on the paci when he was eight days old. Everywhere I read said to wait about a month before introducing a paci in case of nipple confusion (pshh, my baby hasn't been confused about that at all). Ryder's doctor also said that it was perfectly fine for him to have a paci that early as well since he was gaining weight and healthy. Doctors have recently stated that pacifiers help reduce the risk of SIDS as well (which helps me sleep better at night).

5. Ring Sling
   I adore my ring sling. I have three of them and am so pleased with them. First off, I can use them till Ryder is about 35 pounds. Right now I just use the newborn cradle hold and the belly to belly hold. As Ryder's neck gains more support, I will be able to use the kangaroo hold, and even wear him on my back. The ring sling is comfortable and so versatile. Not all babies and mommas will like the ring sling, but me and Ryder love it!

6. Water, Water, Water
   I cannot state enough that water is so good for you. Mommas need water. Water helps milk production and makes you feel so much better. My water intake is awesome. I have a huge cup that I just keep refilling, it is just so refreshing.

7. Lip Balm
   The two pictures are the exact ones I use. I have never had drier lips in my life. After giving birth, my lips were drier than the Sahara Desert, and lip balm was my best friend. I actually didn't have lip balm in my hospital bag, so thank goodness I have a mom who knew I would probably regret not having lip balm. 

8. Socks
   For you and baby, but mostly for baby. I love baby socks, and they are important too. Babies lose heat through their head and feet. Ryder almost always has his feet and head covered. I use a hat or beanie for his head. 

9. Reusable Nursing Pads
   They have disposable nurse pads, but the reusable ones are much more comfy. They are soft and don't feel as weird as the disposable ones. I am actually making a few nursing pads so I don't have to wash the two sets I have over and over. They are really easy to make, and when you make them, they are cheap, and really cute!

   One thing I don't have pictured that is important is food. Food in general! I forget to eat. I know you are probably wondering,"really, forget to eat?!". Yes, I will go about my day and lay in bed and be kinda hungry, then I will think about it, and I literally will have gone the whole day without eating anything. I drink a lot of water and other drinks, and I just don't get really hungry. I have to stop and make myself eat though because food is important! It keeps milk supply up and it is healthy to eat food. So take the time to eat something after having a baby.

   I am so thankful to not have to want for anything honestly. I am provided with what I need right when I need it. It's really and truly amazing. I have learned lately that there are amazing people in this world. It may seem like humanity is awful nowadays, but I have personally seen the kindness and love still in the world. Strangers have given help to me and Ryder when I least expected it. 

   These are one month necessities for me, and I have been very blessed to have all these things. I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving and remembers to be thankful for all the people and blessings in their life.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment