Sunday, November 2, 2014

Pregnancy Princess

   I absolutely adored being pregnant. I was a pregnancy goddess, or unicorn, or something magical! I didn't gain weight till I was about six months pregnant. I never got morning sickness or had nausea. I didn't show till I was almost six months pregnant, and when I did show, I was all belly. The only huge problem I had was heart burn, and even then, I was just popping tums like no other.



   Now I did get super antsy in the last month, and I (again) had heartburn, and I missed sleeping on my stomach. Other than that, I loved being pregnant. I felt like my body was meant for it. I felt beautiful, and I wanted to show my belly off. I enjoyed people coming up and asking me if I was pregnant. To be honest, I'd sometimes get a little offended when people wouldn't mention it! I enjoyed people (that I knew) coming up and rubbing and touching my belly too.

   I read a few blogs and articles about how hard pregnancy is and how some people don't like pregnancy. It is true, pregnancy is hard, I mean, you are growing another little human! A little, separate being. It is truly an amazing miracle, but it can be a difficult thing. 



   I am on the side of pregnancy that says it is amazing and to embrace every second of it. I miss being pregnant just a little bit (nothing beats actually holding your newborn baby!), but a little bit of me misses having a big belly. I miss being able to feel my little Ryder move and his hiccups. He will start hiccuping now and I remember how it felt when I was pregnant with him. 

   Pregnancy is different for everyone though. Don't feel bad if you don't like being pregnant. Especially if it is your first. I was very blessed by the way my first pregnancy went, but my next pregnancy might be very different. I'm not planning on having another baby anytime soon, but I do want a little sibling for Ryder someday. Hopefully my future pregnancies will be as amazing as this one, but it might not be.

   I want people to know that everyone is going to have their own experience when it comes to pregnancy. The thing about pregnancy is, no matter if you have an awful one or a great one, in the end, there is going to be a beautiful baby. A little soul that is going to make a you realize that it was worth it. Pregnancy is worth it.

   I was asked to post on Instagram a picture of where I felt beautiful, and all I could think about were my maternity photos. I felt beautiful. I don't think I ever felt more beautiful or empowering than when I was pregnant. I was at awe by how my body was building a baby. At my biggest, I felt beautiful. I thought I looked beautiful. I loved my belly. 

   I'm really happy Ryder is in my life now though!(:



xx
   

   


No comments:

Post a Comment