Wednesday, November 5, 2014

First Checkups

   Ryder went to his first checkup yesterday, and he did so well! I decided to circumcise my son, and that was done yesterday as well. I wasn't sure what to completely expect, but I was very pleased how everything went yesterday. 



   When I first got to the doctor, I was given paper work to fill out. I was so nervous about messing up because I'd never filled out paperwork for someone else before! It made me realize that I really am responsible for this little human. I honestly would let my mom fill out my paperwork for me still if I could! I checked the paper three or four times just to make sure everything was right. It is weird to think that it won't be long and filling out paper work for Ryder will be second nature.

   Ryder's doctor told me about the procedure and asked if I wanted to be in the room when it happened. I told her that I did, because I didn't wanna be away from my baby. I was scared I'd be sad because babies cry when they get circumcised because it obviously is not the most comfortable thing ever. 

   As they were getting him ready, he was just chilling. They gave a little shot to numb him, and he did his little whimper cry, and he didn't cry anymore after that. He was an amazing baby! The doctors were so surprised and said that he was the best baby they'd circumcised, it definitely made me proud. 



   I also am very proud because when they weighed Ryder, he weighed 9 lbs and 5 oz! Most babies lose a little bit of weight or are right at birth weight after the first week or two. I'm exclusively breastfeeding and was a little worried if he was getting everything he needed, and he ibviously is since he has gained a little over 2 lbs since birth weight! 

   Usually babies have a two week checkup, but the doctor told me that I didn't have to set up an appointment till his two month checkup. She said he seemed like he was doing super well, and to just call her if I felt like I needed too. 



   So after 11 days of having a baby and hearing that I'm doing really well with him, I'm happy. I've been told I'm a good mother, and that is honestly the best complements I've ever gotten!(:

xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment