Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Foxes and Simple Blessings

   I'm sitting on my couch on this not so cool November day. In Florida, it can be freezing one day, and on the verge of sweltering hot the next. Nevertheless, my sister and I have the Christmas Jazz pandora station playing. There is a peppermint candle lit on the table, and we are sipping on our appointed drinks (for me, coffee, and hot tea for her).

   My baby is laying in my lap sleeping peacefully. I just can't stop looking at him as I sip on my coffee. He is so beautiful and perfect in my eyes. All I can think right now is how happy I am in this moment. 



   I have found myself on the slight verge of tears. Not of sadness, but of complete and utter joy. I hope I never see the day where I don't appreciate the simple things in life. The quiet simple joys that make life worth living.

   When you step outside, and the temperature is just right. When you take that sip of coffee, and it has exactly a spoonful and a half of sugar in it. When you walk into a room, and everything is where it is supposed to be. When I see my baby sleeping with a look of content on his face. When I hold my little boy, and his little hands reach out for me.

   My sisters had the opportunity to go to a  little concert last night. She texted me a picture of a shirt with a fox on it, and she stated that it reminded her of me (I adore foxes, if you haven't picked up on that in my posts already, ha). The shirt had this saying on it, "The foxes in the vineyard will not steal my joy."

   This line is in one of the songs the artist sings. It is based off a verse in the Bible, Song of Solomon 2:15, 

"Catch for us the foxes, 
the little foxes 
that ruin the vineyards, 
our vineyards that are in bloom." (NIV)

   It is safe to say, this has become my new favorite verse for the time being. The foxes are all the little things trying to steal our joy, our happiness. We must remember to catch those little annoyances and problems before they ruin our happiness. 
   
   I've never known a happiness such as this before, and I think I truly know what it means to be happy with the simple things in life now. I pray that I will remember to keep the little foxes at bay and to cherish these simple moments. My vineyard is in full bloom. 

   I challenge anyone who reads this to just pause. Pause and take in everything around you. Catch those little foxes and take the time to realize your vineyard is in bloom as well. Take the time to count your blessings, and remember the small, simple things that make life worth living. 

(Image via Pinterest) 


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment