Friday, November 7, 2014

Two Weeks Update!

   It has been 14 days since Ryder was born. It is so bittersweet because he is growing and doing so well, but I want him to stay little. I adore cuddling him and all his little squeaks. I like taking care of him and feeling so needed by him. 



   I love breastfeeding and holding him close. I actually enjoy changing diapers, they are small and aren't a huge deal (at least right now). I am a lucky momma, because Ryder loves to sleep, so it isn't too hard to get him to go to sleep. 



   As of this week, Ryder loves to eat. I'll write a post later about our breastfeeding journey, but it hasn't been long enough to be a journey yet. Right now it is just the beginning, but so far it is going really well. I am exclusively breastfeeding, and he is gaining weight. I personally love breastfeeding, but I can definitely understand how easy it would be to use formula instead. 

   Up until the other day, I was hurting if I didn't feed him every hour or two. I have not had as bad a problem though the last day or two. 

   Newborn diapers are awesome. I would have never said that before having my own baby! Newborn diapers are small. I only need one wipe usually. I have to change his diaper a lot, but it is so easy. (And it is nice to know I have little diapers compared to my little sister's diapers! I'll change my baby's diaper over hers any day, haha).

   I am a sleeper, like mother, like son. (And thank goodness for that!!). My baby loves to sleep, and I have to wake him up to feed him throughout the day. I'm sure people get baby fever from seeing my baby because he is so good (and because he is so cute, of course). 



   I am doing pretty well as well. I only slept on the couch for two weeks! Ryder and I decided it was time to sleep in our own room last night. We had been staying on the couch because I was hurting. It was hard to sit up and lay down, because giving birth takes a toll on your body. I am finally starting to feel myself again, which is wonderful because some people are in pain for up to four weeks or so. I am not to the point of no pain yet, but I'm getting there. I am also at pre-pregnancy weight!!! (I am super excited about that fact!)

   A picture two weeks post-partem!(:

   In all, Ryder and I are doing amazing at two weeks. We are bonding, and I love him more than anything in the world. God blessed me with such a handsome baby, and not only is he beautiful, but healthy as well. He is also already so well-behaved. This has been an amazing adventure so far, and I'm sure it's gonna only get better!(:

xx 

   

2 comments:

  1. Where did you get your ring sling?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a Sakura Bloom sling. Ryder and I both adore it. It took only a few tries to get used to it and I'm hoping to get another soon!

      Delete